The story so far
- Saturday: Suddenly realize it is the week of the 7drl challenge.
- Sunday: Never made a game before. No detailed plans. Decide to try anyway. Start coding at around 11:30 PM…
- Use the tutorial at Coding Cookies to get a foundation. Strip out stuff I don’t need like inventory and experience.
- Start on gameplay idea based loosely on card games. You randomly draw a hand of cards (prayers, spells, whatever). You can only ‘play’ so many per turn/level/whatever. Not straying too far from the basic roguelike formula as I’m expecting a lot of effort just to make a game that works.
- Got an @ walking around in a dungeon.
- Tuesday: I need a theme. Anything but goblins. I dunno, lobsterfolk? Sure. Sounds good. Ooh, and they can have an Atlantissy dungeon. And the player’s god and abilities can be sea themed. Okay, this works.
- Add a few lobsterfolk enemies and start working on abilities system.
- Wednesday: Didn’t have a lot of time today. Implement a few abilities.
- Thursday: Implement more abilities.
- Today: Still need a title. Probably going with Chitinous Crooks.
To do in the next 3 days
- A few more abilities.
- Some less boring enemies.
- Rewrite most of the ability names.
- Win condition
- Victory Screen
- Failure Screen
- Graphics (Optional)